Well, I’ve finally got round to installing a proper SSL certificate, courtesy of SSL For Free. Needs regenerating every 3 months, of course…
Just as a reminder to myself, the process is not exactly daunting…:
- Go to SSL For Free to generate a new certificate.
- Validate domain ownership by FTP (same pw as cPanel).
- When verified, it will generate details for Private Key and Certificate.
- On cPanel, go to SSL/TLS
- Go to KEY and paste the Private Key contents into “Upload a New Private Key”, giving it a suitable description for identification. Save it.
- Go to CRT and paste the Certificate contents into “Upload a New Certificate”, giving it a suitable description for identification. Save it.
- Back on cPanel, go to SSL/TLS Status .
- Select the right Certificate (if more then one showing) and then click “Install Certificate” (at the bottom of the page).